Monday, May 18, 2015

Thank you, Chicago




KurtSummers for Chicago
Dear Friend,

Just minutes ago, I was honored to take the oath of office as your City Treasurer. This moment was the culmination of the hard work we have put in together over the past few months, and I couldn’t have gotten to this point without you.

When this journey began last year, I made a promise to transform the Chicago City Treasurer’s Office and to invest in our communities like never before. From launching our City’s first-ever financial education plan to launching our first-of-its kind quarterly earnings call, all of this work has happened with your support and belief in promoting the greater good.

In just a few short months, we have enacted change and celebrated progress, but there is so much more to do.

Today’s ceremony at the Chicago Theater was a momentous occasion – my life’s work has brought me to this point, but giants of the past were also very much present on that stage as I was taking the oath.

As I continue this journey, Sam Patch, my grandfather and a close advisor to the late Mayor Harold Washington, remains a source of inspiration. He knew that the key to keeping our City great was community investment. Our neighborhoods are where this work is rooted and they will always have a seat at the table.

By transforming the Treasurer’s Office, we have the opportunity to impact each and every Chicagoan, making our City a stronger and better place to work and enjoy life. To do that, I only ask that you continue to hold me accountable. Please stay engaged. Sign up here to share your ideas and thoughts about ways we can invest in our chicago.

I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to give back to a City that has given so much to me. Thank you for your friendship and support.


Sincerely,

Kurt Summers
Chicago City Treasurer
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

No comments: