Building Generational Leaders PUBLISHER'S PEACE Breaking News I'm giving TBTNews readers the very first look at the launch cover of MG Media's new
Friday, August 28, 2015
SNEAK PEEK at Steve Canal / Landmark Baby Book / A Brown Tale /Breaking News!
IRS Summertime Tax Tip 2015-25: Boost Your Tax Knowledge with a Free Learning Program from the IRS
Help For Hurricane Victims
News Essentials What's Hot
IRS - The Basics
Facts & Figures
Around The Nation
The Newsroom Topics Multimedia Center
Noticias en Español
Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts
The Tax Gap
IRS Tax Tips
IRS Resources Compliance & Enforcement News
Contact Your Local IRS Office
Filing Your Taxes
Forms & Pubs
Frequently Asked Questions
Taxpayer Advocate Service
Where to File
IRS Social Media
|Issue Number: IRS Summertime Tax Tip
2015-25Inside This Issue
Boost Your Tax Knowledge with a Free Learning Program from the IRSThe IRS has a free program for anyone who wants to learn about taxes. “Understanding Taxes” is available 24/7 on IRS.gov. It was designed by the IRS and teachers to help you learn the “how’s” and “why’s” of taxes. The program can make learning about federal taxes as easy as A-B-C.
1. Lessons on IRS.gov. Teachers and students will find that the nearly 40 lessons on IRS.gov are easy, relevant and fun!
2. User friendly site map. You can quickly look through the program and skip to the part you want.
3. Tutorials, tests and more. A series of tax tutorials guide you through the basics of tax preparation. Another feature is a chance to test your knowledge through tax trivia. There’s also a glossary of tax terms.
4. Customize to fit your style. If you’re a teacher, you can make the interactive program fit your style. Use your own lesson plans and plan your own activities. It’s easy to add to your school’s curriculum.
5. No need to register. You don’t need to register or login to use the program. You can take a break and return to where you left off whenever you choose. Just take note of the page and lesson number before you leave the page.
6. The how’s and why’s of taxes. Learn the basic concepts of taxes. Self-paced modules offer a step-by-step approach to tax preparation. The lessons are also a great way to learn about the history and theory of taxes in the USA.You may use the program anytime during the year. Visit IRS.gov and type “Understanding Taxes” in the search box. The application contains lessons and practice problems based on 2014 tax law.
For more current tax law training, visit Link and Learn Taxes on IRS.gov. The IRS will update this program later this year. The Web address is http://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/. You can also find it if you type “Link and Learn” in the search box.
Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. These are your Taxpayer Bill of Rights. Explore your rights and our obligations to protect them on IRS.gov.
IRS YouTube Videos:
Sunrise Beach Prayer Planned for Saturday, and the Whole City's Invited
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)