Thursday, February 26, 2015

Last Night's Community CAPS meeting.



Community CAPS Meeting
Creating change in the immediate future
Loyal Neighbors,
My sincere apologies to those who showed up, eventually, for Community CAPS. I was there for about 30 minutes and absolutely nobody showed. I thought maybe I mistakenly posted the wrong date. The snow was coming down and I assumed that people just weren't coming. I had received ZERO RSVPs from folks. Mis-communication seems to be the culprit, but there is no excuse.
Being on that corner alone was almost intimidating.The place was locked and I couldn't get in. I left and went to another meeting where I was able to find out that I indeed had the right date.
I was very disappointed. This was the first time anything like this ever happened. I promise that it will be the last! We will establish a protocol and make it clear on what point the meeting becomes postponed.
Unless the city CAPS programs change and bring a monthly meeting back to 624 there WILL be a "Community CAPS meeting held on the 4th Wednesday of April, June August and October. Book it! Even if they reinstate we may still emphasize a separate "grassroots" CAPS meeting. Together we have to drive this process and make it happen.
Unfortunately, I quit in spirit and left. That's not me, but it's on me and I hope it never will be me. My sincerest apologies for not being there for the loyal.
Please forgive me.
A luta continua
--
Brad O. Redrick,

No comments: