Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace now open!!!
It's official, the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace is now open for business.
Because of legislation sponsored by Rep. Elgie Sims, Public Act 98-104, approximately 342,000 low income, currently uninsured, residents of the State of Illinois will now be eligible for Medicaid. This measure allows Illinois to comply with various tenets of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), commonly known as "ObamaCare."
Below find some helpful information regarding Illinois' Health Insurance Marketplace:
The enrollment period begins today, October 1, 2013 and runs through March 31, 2014. Consumers who enroll by December 15, 2013 will have coverage starting January 1, 2014. During the open enrollment, specially trained community members will be available to help consumers apply for and enroll in health insurance throughout the state of Illinois.
Differences in plan coverage
Although all plans will cover essential health benefits, consumers will be able to determine which insurance plan fits their individual health and financial needs. There will be four different coverage levels to choose from:
Each plan varies based on premium amount and the level of out-of-pocket expenses that work for you.
Key features of the Affordable Care Act
Several protections in the law have already gone into effect:
- Small business tax credits
- Elimination of lifetime dollar limits
- Coverage for children with pre-existing conditions
- Coverage for certain preventive services
- Review of premium increases
- Other information can be found at: www.healthcare.gov
The official Health Marketplace of Illinois website
The state of Illinois' official Health Marketplace website found at: www.GetcoveredIllinois.gov, can provide various health insurance information:
If you are looking for health insurance for yourself or your family, use this website to:
- Get to the right place to find the coverage you need.
- Learn about new coverage options and financial help available for you.
- Get help by finding a specially trained counselor you can talk to for free about your options, either face-to-face or over the phone.
- Get the information you need to make the best health care decision for you or your family.
If you own a small business or lead a nonprofit organization, use this website to:
- Get to the right place to apply for employee health insurance online.
- Get help by finding a specially trained counselor you can talk to for free about your options, either face-to-face or over the phone
- Understand how new tax credits can help you pay for your employees' coverage.
- Get the information you need to make the best health insurance decision for your employees.
- An agent or broker may also be able to help you choose a plan for your employees on the Marketplace. Contact your agent or broker today to find out if they are registered through the Marketplace.
For additional information or other events please visit our website at www.RepElgieSims34.com.
Post a Comment