CHATHAM AVALON PARK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
SEMI- ANNUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Jan- June 2015
* Hosted ongoing FOR PEACE SAKE efforts with local
Faith Based Entities & Stakeholders.
· Highlighted Youth Based activities and Social Service
Agencies in or around the Chatham Service Area.
· Hosted ongoing workshops & forums on Education,
Economic Development, Health & Wellness, Crime
Prevention, Senior Issues, Estate Planning, the New Affordable Health Care Act & Market Place seminars (14), Conservation Prevention and Public Safety.
· Established a Free Financial Literacy Program for residents.
· Highlighted our viable neighborhood businesses.
· Worked with the Alderman, State Legislatures and City of Chicago Agencies improve our Quality of Life.
· Partnered with the Chatham MMRP Advisory Council
· Partnered with the Greater Chatham Initiative with
Congressman Bobby Rush & other stakeholders
· Partnered with surrounding 6th , 8th , & 9th ward community
groups in addressing Quality Life Issues.
· Partnered with the Center for Regenerative Health in
establishing a Urban Garden on the CAPCC Properties on
82nd & King Drive.
· Established an Affordable Health Clinic Series in the community to facilitate our residents getting proper
health insurance coverage.
· Recruited younger residents to participate in Community
service and mentorship programs.
· Continued to blog pertinent information daily, weekly &
monthly to disseminate information & establish constant
“Addressing Quality of Life Issues is What We Do”
1955 Everyday to Present
Keith O Tate Maryellen Drake
President Executive Vice President
The 2015 Chatham Avalon Park Community Council Board
· ESTABLISH A COMMUNITY CENTER THAT SERVES ALL RESIDENTS
· ESTABLISH A ZERO TOLERANCE STANDARD FOR VIOLENCE
· CONTINUALLY MONITOR NEIGHBORHOOD CONSERVATION EFFORTS