Join The Neighborhood Recovery Initiative
The Neighborhood Recovery Initiative (NRI) Parent Program will employ and empower 1,110 Parent Leaders within the 24 NRI communities to reduce the risk factors that contribute to violence and negativity while promoting protective factors that contribute to family and community stability, well-being and peace.
NRI seeks parents with passion, desire and enthusiasm for making positive changes within families and communities.
All community residents who consider themselves parents are eligible for employment, including teen parents, grandparents, foster parents, and non-custodial fathers.
NRI is taking applications NOW for these paid, part-time positions.
Make a difference this summer!
Apply online today at www.ilnri.org.
NRI's 19-week Parent Program is a collaboration of citizens, business, government, schools, and non profit organizations that will support parents in raising health, positive, and productive children. Parent leaders will strenghten their own families and work in teams to advance transformation of their neighborhoods. This program will:
- Enhance parental and community resilence.
- Facilitate friendships and mutual support among parents.
- Host events that strengthen parenting.
- Respond to family crises quickly and appropriately.
- Connect families to services and resources.
- Assist parents with understanding their children's social and emotional development.
- Respond to the stress, anxiety, and trauma that parents and children face.
Become a Parent Leader!