Grand Crossing Park Neighborhood Network
"...What YOU can do for YOUR Neighborhood"
Dearest Neighbor,The network National Night Out event (Porch Light Festival) is on National Night Out, Tuesday August 6th, 2013 in the 7300 block of Drexel - 7-10pm.
The grassroots renaissance will bloom again with this year's porch Light Festival. All participating Block, community and Neighborhood organizations are again invited to come out and show solidarity with their neighbors by joining in the conversation. Bring a lawn chair and sit yourself down where ever you'd like, stop by a participating neighbors house (designated by blue light) enjoy free refreshments and settle into some good discussion about bringing the neighborhood together for some long term improvements.
If you receive this email directly from the horse's mouth then that means you're invited. There are other National Night Out events that night, but this one's the "Real McCoy". Come on out and join us after you've visited the others, or join us for the whole thing. Residents start arriving at 6pm
There are many ways to save your neighborhood and help stop the violence. First, you have to join the team and get involved with the big picture!
Topics of discussion include
- All about NUSA 2013 - a synopsis of this year's convention
- What is "Accelerate 77"
- Block Party notifications
- C-Riders bike club
- Chicago Water Meters - Fiasco or good deal
- Foot Patrols of "Operation Impact" - are they working?
- "Keeping it Real" presentation set up
- The Community Gardening explosion
- Getting your Block Club started
- Getting your neighbors some Neighborhood Watch Training
- Honoring Trayvon Martin and saving African American Youth
- Track and Field development for neighborhood improvement.
- The Youth movement to bring a Trauma Center to the South East Side
- Mid Night Circus coming to Grand Crossing Park
- Operation Grand -I in Grand Crossing Park
- Restorative Justice - Setting up "Peace Circles"
- Safe Passage Programs in the new school year.
Musical back ground by "The Sun Ensemble" (Smooth Jazz outside under the stars)
So, don't be a bump on the log, support the cause.
Brad O. Redrick,
Brad O. Redrick,