November 2-16, 2012
Work Equipment Materials and Records Coordinator
Summary of Duties
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Work Equipment, oversees the administrative tasks within the Engineering/Work Equipment Department. Responsible for all official record keeping for the department. Prepares and monitors purchase requisitions, release notices, and local purchases. Maintains departmental records, materials, fixed asset information and equipment utilization records. Initiates the purchase of non-inventory items, and contacts vendors to ensure competitive pricing. Ensures orders are delivered in a timely matter. Tracks and maintains work equipment blanket purchase order records. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- In addition to #1, must have a minimum of five (5) years of business office related experience, which must include progressive record keeping experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
All employees are responsible for performing his/her job safely, and in accordance with the safety objectives, goals and program of the organization, ensuring compliance with applicable safety rules and regulations.
Other Important Information
- Subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment history, vehicle and criminal history.
- Only resumes with salary history will be considered.
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title, your resume and salary history to:
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Metra / 547 W. Jackson Blvd. / Chicago, IL 60661