November 2-16, 2012
Summary of Duties
Reporting directly to the Assistant General Counsel, provides secretarial support to the Law Department and other administrative tasks. Typing projects include, but are not limited to, pleadings, discovery, court and administrative filings, contracts, real estate documents, and correspondence. Drafts letters and assists with form documents as necessary. Transcribes (using dictation equipment), organizes and maintains files, and schedules various types of appointments. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a legal secretary or directly related experience. Litigation experience is a plus.
- Must be able to type sixty (60) wpm and have experience with dictation equipment.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Professional, and Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Excel, Word and Access.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent project management skills, as well as, the ability to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management, employees, external groups and/or organizations.
- Must be able to work with sensitive information while maintaining strict confidentiality.
All employees are responsible for performing his/her job safely, and in accordance with the safety objectives, goals and program of the organization, ensuring compliance with applicable safety rules and regulations.
Other Important Information
- Subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment history, vehicle and criminal history.
- Only resumes with salary history will be considered.
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title, your resume and salary history to:
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Metra / 547 W. Jackson Blvd. / Chicago, IL 60661