1. The current plan forFriday April 1, 2016 is: teachers meet at 8 a.m.
at Harlan to picket for an hour;
2. At about 9 a.m. teachers who are physically able will walk to Chicago State; teachers who are unable to make the walk will drive to Chicago State at 9:30; we will converge at the Student Union Building at 10:00 a.m. fora rally at CSU;
3. A teach in will be conducted from10:00 a.m.until just after 12 noon;
4. CTU,CSU faculty and community organizations (West Chesterfield, Rosemoor,
Roseland Heights, Chesterfield, etc) will rally at noon and march back to Harlan; Harlan teachers can get their cars and drive downtown (actually) the lot near Cermak and Wentworth is recommended with a Red Line ride to State and Lake.
5. Others may elect to catch the 95th Street Red Line with CSU faculty to go downtown; CTU and other unions will gather at the State of Illinois (Thompson) building located at Randolph and Clark.
*By the way, the Thompson building is a public building. There is a food court on the lower level offering a variety of foods.If you arrive a little early, grab something to eat. The food court starts shutting down around 3p.m.
The downtown "Shut Down Chicago-Fund Our Schools" rally at the Thompson building will run from about 3 or 4 until around 6.
submitted S. Banks/ CJ Powell
Post a Comment