The time has come again for the area residents to convene in a special meeting involving CAPS issues and possible resolutions to the various problems we face on a daily basis.This is a citizen led CAPS meeting.
This affords us a chance to brainstorm ideas, cross-communicate, debrief and analyze what's happening in the box between 67-87/ State to stony and a bit more
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
- New Life Covenant Annex - Fellowship Hall
- 7757 S. Greenwood, Chicago, IL 60619
- 6:30 - 8:00pm
Again this is a strategic community meeting covering interests on beats 322,323,324,411,623,624,631 & 731especially. Input and info is critical to our anti crime efforts in the area.
Where do we go from here?
- Highest number of homicides on any beat in Chicago
We have good news for you
- Homicides are down
- We are no longer the number one beat
Some items of discussion
- Should the Aldermen or their designee s be present in our CAPS meetings?
- The New 'daytime' foot patrol officers
- The success/failure of our Foot Patrol Officer meet & greet
- Camera systems - from neighborhood strategy to FOIAs for citizens.
- Neighborhood watch sessions
- Phone tree development
- How are CAPS meetings working for us?
- What will improve the process?
- Update on our Court Advocacy
- Latest outdoor roll call results
- The disaster prep angle
We have an alternate location this month. New Life Covenant Church offers a richly safe environment and is fair to residents living east of Cottage Grove. This may be one of the last 'Community Beat meetings. Let's make it count!
Hope to see you there.