The Whitney Young Branch of the Chicago Public Library has a lot going on for the Month of February 2014.
1. On going through February 22nd every Wednesday from 10:30am - 5:00pm and every Saturday from 10:30am - 4:00pm we host the Chatham/Avalon Community Council's Affordable Healt Care Act Outreach registration drive.
2. Beginning February 3rd and continuing until April 14th 2014 we will be hosting the AARP who will be offering free tax services on Mondays & Wednesdays from 10:30am - 2:00pm Remember Seniors get First Priority!
3. On February 15th we celebrate African American History Month with a special theatrical performance of "Moving On Up" perfrmed by For Children By Children [FCBC],. this play tells the story of the Musical Migration/Vibration to Chicago by such artists as Muddy Waters, Bessie Smith, Bo Diddley and Inez Andrews. Inspired by The Chicago Defender, Robert S. Abbot, F.C.B.C.'s latest production takes the audience on an exciting rhythmc trip down memory lane.
4. On February 20th and 27th we will host Doctor Solomon of the Affinity Chiroprctic & Rehab Center as he provides free Massage Therapy and Ciropractic Care information and Free Massages from 12:30pm - 5:00pm on both days.
5. On the 25th of February from 6:00 to 7:30 The Role Model Movement will ask the question "Were you left out in the cold by congress when they failed to extend unemployment benefit" come out and join in an open forum.6. For the teens & tweens we have Chess on Thursdays from 5:00 - 6:00 and the Manga Club on Tuesdays from 5:00 - 6:00
Dont forget we are also an Early Voting Site!......If it's Happening in your Community, we want to know about it. Come and celebrate African American History Month With Us.
Whitney Young Library