Please feel free to pass along the attached job opportunity at the CHA.
POSITION: Housing Specialist
The position duties include a wide range of activities related to determining and documenting applicant and/or participant eligibility, income, rent and contractual relationships with property owners. Interviews Housing Choice Voucher Program Participants on a weekly basis. The position requires full accountability for an assigned case load including accurate and complete files, resolution of special cases, and responsiveness to stakeholder inquires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct annual and bi-annual re-examinations within required time frames
• Complete interim re-examinations as required
• Conduct participant briefings and interviews
• Determine housing assistance payment and tenant rent calculation
• Educate participants on program requirements and family obligations
• Resolve concerns between owners, tenants and the Housing Authority
• Process all transactions within required CHA systems including Yardi
• Provide excellent customer service to participants, landlords, co-workers, clients and vendors
• Housing Choice Voucher Specialist Certification required within 120 days of hire.
Education equivalent to a four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution in Public Administration, Social Science or a closely related field; a minimum of two years of progressively responsible work experience for a public agency, or related work in the social service or community service field preferred. Ability to apply regulations pertaining to the program. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have excellent interpersonal skills necessary for conducting HCVP Participant interviews. Must possess strong computer and organizational skills required to prioritize tasks and demands and consistently deliver work product on time.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com.